Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Word of the day...

...In Italian.


Every day, I get an email from Transparent Language with the "Word of the Day" in Italian.  I originally set this up because I wanted to increase my Italian Vocabulary.  I've found it pretty interesting, although I don't know how well my vocabulary has really improved (or increased).  I'm not sure if getting an email a day with a word and a sentence has really helped.


But I'd like to share with you what I have learned just over the past few days.


What do you think???


Tuesday October 4, 2011
Italian word:                 zio
English translation:     uncle
Part of speech:           noun
Example sentence 
Italian:                         Lo zio Attilio è emigrato in Francia.
English:                      Uncle Attilio emigrated to France.


Monday October 3, 2011
Italian word:                 appartenere
English translation:     to belong
Part of speech:           verb
Example sentence 
Italian:                         Questo castello appartiene al principe Enrico e alla sua famiglia.
English:                      This castle belongs to Prince Henry and his family.


Sunday October 2, 2011
Italian word:                 economico
English translation:     cheap
Part of speech:           adjective
Example sentence 
Italian:                         Faccio sempre la spesa in questo negozio, è tutto molto economico.
English:                      I always shop in this store, everything is very cheap.


Saturday October 1, 2011
Italian word:                 indietro
English translation:     behind
Part of speech:           adverb
Example sentence 
Italian:                         Sono indietro con i compiti, questo fine-settimana dovrò studiare.
English:                      I'm behind in my homework, I'll have to study this weekend.


Friday September 30, 2011
Italian word:                 accorgersi
English translation:     to notice
Part of speech:           verb
Example sentence 
Italian:                         Non vi siete accorte che ho cambiato pettinatura?
English:                      Haven't you noticed that I changed my hairdo?



Italian word:            indietro

English translation: behind
Part of speech:       adverb
Example sentence 
Italian:                     Sono indietro con i compiti, questo fine-settimana dovrò studiare.
English:                   I'm behind in my homework, I'll have to study this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment