Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall has arrived!

I feel like one of the tell-tale signs that fall is here is when you start baking with either apples or pumpkin.  There's just something about those two ingredients that make me so excited.  To me, it means fall is here.  Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays (seriously, a holiday that revolves around food), and the beginning of fall means that Thanksgiving is only a couple months away.  While this weekend is totally un-fall-ish (it's supposed to be 80 degrees today and 85 tomorrow), I still felt the need to break out a can of pumpkin and make some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread.



This recipe is so delicious, and yet so simple.  Those of you who went to Oaklawn Elementary may recognize the recipe....I'm pretty sure that just about everyone made this in 2nd grade, and then got to take the recipe home to our parents (the recipe that I brought home was graded for handwriting....It says at the top "All of your work should be this neat").


For your viewing pleasure:
       Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
       3 cups flour
       2 cups sugar
       2 tsp cinnamon
       2 tsp baking powder
       2 tsp baking soda
       4 eggs
       1 cup oil
       1-15oz can pumpkin puree (***NOT pumpkin pie mix)
       1 package chocolate chips

       Grease and flour tube pan.  Coat chocolate chips in 2 tsp of the allotted flour.  Mix together all dry ingredients.  Add oil and mix well.  Add eggs and pumpkin.  Mix well and then add in chocolate chips.  Bake for 1 hour at 350 degree (I often find that 1 hour isn't enough time....Check after one hour, and then bake longer, if needed).  


The result is something delicious.






Oh, and I made a note on the bottom of my own recipe....It says:  "If making for Scott, use Milk Chocolate Chips and put some on top, too!"  haha - it is really good with the chocolate chips on top, too!  I didn't have enough today to put them on top, but I recommend doing it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment