I looked up the definition of Plateau on dictionary.com and got the following result:
I looked up the definition because I feel like it is defining my life at this moment. I'm a big believer in the Weight Watchers philosophy, as I've stated before, but lately, I've been having a hard time. I started the program on May 31, 2011. Today is October 25, 2011. That's 21 weeks. And in 21 weeks, I've only lost 13 pounds. Now. I'm not saying that I've had 21 perfect weeks. That's far from the truth. BUT, I have had many very good weeks. I actively lost for about 10 weeks. And then, I started with this up and down see-saw roller coaster.
So, my solution is to try something different. Like I've said a number of times, I know that Weight Watchers works. I emailed with my leader today (who is so awesome) and I have 3 different options. Here is what she wrote in the email she sent me:
- Do Kick Start in the PP Getting Started Book--page 87. It is a guaranteed weight loss as the PP are counted for you, the portions sizes are controlled, and the Good Health Guidelines are included.
- Track EVERYTHING and let me see it by email (from eTools) or bring a tracker to the Mtg. That way we can customize the plan for you. (Weigh & Measure everything too)
- Simply Filling is fantastic but you have to eat mostly Power Foods so as not to go over the 49 WPA with non-Power Foods. I am not wild about fat free cheese but can do SF now easily because light bread is on the list. ALSO, to do SF we MUST eat to satisfaction and not more. The Power Foods will help you learn to slow down and eat to satisfaction not stuffed.
- Kick Start: I need to look this over and make a decision.
- I already track everything. It's probably all about better choices.
- Simply filling. I tried this when it was "Core." I have a difficult time knowing when I'm full.