So stripping wallpaper has proven to to be quite the project. I think that I knew it was going to be a challenge, but it has totally exceeded my expectations. We've been to the house to 9 times since closing, and each of those days we've made progress on taking the wallpaper down. It's amazing how much of a difference the absence of the paper has made.
So Far: We've finished the kitchen (which had 2 layers) and we're about 3/4 done with the dining room. Below is a few pictures of the dining room just to show you a visual on how much nicer the room looks without the paper!
|The Dining Room, with some of the paper stripped off. It's a two part process - steaming the first layer and then the bottom layer|
|A little bit more progress...|
|The dining room, sans wallpaper!|
Once we finish the dining room, we'll be moving onto the hallway (which has the same paper as the dining room - both layers) and the living room. We thought the living room was going to be an easy shot where we could pull down the wallpaper and then steam off the glue...Unfortunately, when we pulled down the first layer of paper, we found ANOTHER LAYER underneath! It's white, so it's deceiving, but (once again) it's textured...And it's stuck on there really good so we'll have to steam this off, too!
So that's that so far. It's a work in progress, and it's coming along, just taking a little bit longer than I originally anticipated!