Do I have your attention??
I thought so!
Imagine a chocolate chip cookie that is as far from ordinary as humanly possible. Well, I have something crazier! The only thing trippy about it is the three different kinds of chocolate, but you'll definitely be super happy with the final product (and they're not horrible for you....Nutrition Information below!!).
|Trippy Dippy Chocolate Chip Cookies|
I saw an episode of Barefoot Contessa earlier in the week, and she and a friend made a cookie recipe that looked so delicious. I made a couple little modifications, and the end result was so delicious...And and Ina would say, "How easy is that?"
2 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 1/2 tsps Baking Soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
1 cup packed Light Brown Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup White Chocolate Chips
1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup Almonds, chopped
(NOTE: If you happen to have Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, but all means, use it. Just decrease the Baking Soda to just 1 tsp. I didn't have the Dutch Processed, and wasn't about to go out and buy it when I had 2 opened containers of the regular unsweetened. The only difference is the Dutch Processed will make the cookies a little darker)
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside (Note: I usually dump all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, but I felt like mixing the cocoa powder and the flour was somewhat important, so I actually combined the dry ingredients ahead of time)
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla (I beat these two together before mixing into the sugar/butter mixture, but it's totally not necessary)
- Mix until well combined
- Add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well (I literally dumped the entire contents of the dry ingredients in....Just don't go putting the mixer on full speed unless you want a flour shower. Pulse the mixer until some of the flour is mixed in first)
- Add the chocolate chips and almonds and mix until well combined.
- Drop scoopfuls of cookie dough onto an ungreased cookies sheet (I use a small ice cream scoop - or a "cookie scoop"
- Bake at 350* for 15-17 minutes (they will seem very soft when you take them out of the oven, but they will harden as they cool - so don't over-bake them!!)
- Move to wire racks to continue cooling after a few minutes
Note: Each recipe makes ~108 cookies:
Per Serving: 76 Calories * 9 Carbs * 4 Fats * 1 Protein * 0 Fiber * 37 Sodium