Last night, I wanted a way to get protein into my meal without having chicken or beef, and I wanted a decent amount of vegetables without just having a huge salad. Well, I did it. And you can too!!
|Easy Zucchini Frittata with pepperoni and cheese|
- Zucchini (as many as you want - I used 4 small zucchini), quartered longways and chopped
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- Red Hot Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 10-12 large eggs, beaten
- Chopped pepperoni
- Shredded cheese
|Chopped Zucchini and Onion|
- Chop up your zucchini and onion, as small or as large as you want. I chose to chop my zucchini by slicing them the long ways (in quarters) and then chopping them. This will ensure that you don't get massive pieces of zucchini in each bite.
- Chop up your onion
- Saute the zucchini and onion in some olive oil with the red hot pepper flakes.
- Add some salt and black pepper to taste
- Once the vegetables have softened, add the beaten eggs into the pan, and mix it just so that there is egg completely on all sides of the vegetables
- Sprinkle the pepperoni and cheese on top (you're more than welcome to mix them into the egg, but I chose to leave them on top)
- Transfer the entire frying pan to a 350* oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the eggs are completely cooked