Sunday, September 9, 2012

Call Me Maybe Blondies


I love the term Blondies.  I don't know why.  Technically, they're a cross between a cookie that's baked like a brownie....Right?

In any case, you can call this a Blondie.  Maybe. 

I am obsessed with the idea of baking a cookie like a brownie.  I tried, once, a long time ago, to make chocolate chip cookies with the creamcheese filling in brownie style.  I failed.  Miserably.  So this time, I decided to take a step back and just make the brownie.  Or in this case, the Blondie.

Call Me Maybe Blondies
The original recipe that I found was complicated, with beating butter for 8 minutes, and adding tons of air into the batter in order to make the mixture nice and fluffy and I honestly did not have the patience.  Plus, I wanted a delicious, decadent, dense brownie.  So I made it my own.  And here we go!!!

The Ingredients
1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
2 1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 large Eggs
2 tsps Vanilla Extract
2 1/2 - 3 cups chocolate chips (I used a mixture of white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips....Because that's what I had left...And it happen to all amount to 2 1/2 cups.  You can put whatever you want here)
Chopped Walnuts - OPTIONAL (I did not put in any nuts)

The Method
  • Beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy

  • Add the Eggs and Vanilla Extract and mix well

  • Add in all of the dry ingredients and once again, mix well (you are more than welcome to mix all of the dry ingredients separately and add them into the wet ingredients, but as I've mentioned before, I have no patience for that.  Just dump it all in together - just be mindful of not giving yourself a flour shower!!)

  • Mix in the chocolate chips (and nuts, if you've decided to add them in)

  • Spread the mixture into a GREASED 9x13 pan
  • Bake at 375* for 30-35 minutes (insert a toothpick in the middle to ensure it is cooked all the way through - the top center should not jiggle when you move the pan).

  • Allow the pan to cool on the stove.

  • Once the Blondies had sat in the pan for a good 30-45 minutes, I inverted the pan onto a cooling rack, and then transfered onto a cutting board so they were sitting right-side up again.
  • Cut into 24 bars 
  • Allow to cool completely before plating/stacking

Note:  24 Servings
Per Serving:  28 Calories * 36 Carbs * 15 Fat * 3 Protein * 0 Fiber * 119 Sodium


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment