Friday, December 30, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms

One Christmas, I decided that I was going to make Stuffed Mushrooms.  Since then, I've been asked to bring it to Christmas Eve every year.  I figured I'd share the recipe!

The Recipe:
3 containers of button mushrooms
1 medium onion
2 sticks butter
2 sleeves ritz crackers, crushed
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Parmesan cheese

The Method:
Cut the stems out of the mushrooms and save them for later use.  Hollow out the mushrooms (I remove all the gills).  Chop up the mushroom stems and the onion (a small dice).  Saute these in the melted butter until the onions become translucent.  Add in the crushed ritz crackers and mix in thoroughly.

At this point, add in a small amount of salt, the pepper, and garlic powder.  Add in 1-2 palm-fulls of the Parmesan cheese and mix well.  Taste the mixture and add in more salt, if needed (you shouldn't need too much, as the cheese is pretty salty).

Stuff the mushrooms, ensuring to mound the stuffing in each mushroom.  Put all the mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 350* for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown.

ENJOY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment