Now - you may ask yourself, Why "Christmas Crack?" Well....Once you start eating it, you can't stop, it's so addicting!!!
Homemade Toffee, aka Christmas Crack
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers (I always use salted crackers)
- 2 sticks butter (I always use unsalted butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar (I always use light brown sugar)
- ~1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 12-16 oz chocolate chips
At this point, you have some options.
- You can leave it just as it is. Pop the sheet into the fridge overnight (or at least for a few hours) and then take it out and break it all up.
- Depending on the kind of chocolate that you spread out over the toffee, you can add some toppings (FYI - I usually use a mixture of milk chocolate chips and semi-sweet chips).
- Heath Bar Bits
- Chopped Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds
- Crushed Candy Canes (I used this when I used White Chocolate and it was a hit)
|Christmas Crack with Heath Bar Bits on top.|