It has become a tradition that every weekend-before-Christmas, I bake so much that I can barely walk the next day. I've made changes to my regular routine in that I make sure I have on good sneakers and comfortable clothes in order to ensure long hours of baking.
I'm starting to gear up for this coming weekend. I see lots of sweets and treats in my future. Here's what I've come up with so far:
Old Favorites I'm definitely baking:
- Peanut Butter Blossoms (Those were always Santa's favorites)
- Egg Biscuits (A family tradition)
- Butter Balls
- Coffee Cake - I will post on this after I make it. This is a family tradition that my great-aunt always used to make for my dad. I have taken over the tradition.
- Chocolate Covered Grahams
- Toffee (Otherwise known as Christmas Crack - it's so addicting!)
- Layer Bars (caramel, chocolate, coconut deliciousness)
New Cookies I'm definitely trying
- Spritz Cookies - Obviously, I made these for the cookie swap, we'll see if I make them again.
Here are some examples of baking I have done in previous years (That I haven't already blogged about). Some are new cookies I tried for cookie swaps, others were just for fun!
|Turtle Tassies. Sugar cookies packed with chocolate, pecans and caramel|
|Chocolate Caramel Delights. They really are delightful|
|Struffoli. Little balls of deliciousness with honey and sprinkles. An Italian treat!|