Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Baking

It has become a tradition that every weekend-before-Christmas, I bake so much that I can barely walk the next day.  I've made changes to my regular routine in that I make sure I have on good sneakers and comfortable clothes in order to ensure long hours of baking.

I'm starting to gear up for this coming weekend.  I see lots of sweets and treats in my future.  Here's what I've come up with so far:

Old Favorites I'm definitely baking:
  • Peanut Butter Blossoms (Those were always Santa's favorites)
  • Egg Biscuits (A family tradition)
  • Butter Balls
  • Coffee Cake - I will post on this after I make it.  This is a family tradition that my great-aunt always used to make for my dad.  I have taken over the tradition.
  • Chocolate Covered Grahams
  • Toffee (Otherwise known as Christmas Crack - it's so addicting!)
  • Layer Bars (caramel, chocolate, coconut deliciousness)
New Cookies I'm definitely trying
Possibly Baking:
  • Spritz Cookies - Obviously, I made these for the cookie swap, we'll see if I make them again.
Here are some examples of baking I have done in previous years (That I haven't already blogged about).  Some are new cookies I tried for cookie swaps, others were just for fun!

Turtle Tassies.  Sugar cookies packed with chocolate, pecans and caramel
Chocolate Caramel Delights.  They really are delightful
Struffoli.  Little balls of deliciousness with honey and sprinkles.  An Italian treat!
Layer bars with coconut, caramel and chocolate

Chocolate Caramel Delights, Egg biscuits, Peanut Butter Blossoms
What are your baking traditions?  Is there anything else I should add to the list???

No comments:

Post a Comment