Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chocolate Cake!!

A while ago, I agreed to enter a "Cake of Choice" into a Silent Auction for the United Way at work.  This would be the second time I entered a cake.  The first time, I made a cake for four-year-old Twins who were having a bowling theme party (I seem to have misplaced the picture).


This time, the woman who won requested a chocolate cake for her husband's birthday, and I made it this afternoon.  I was pretty proud of myself, as it didn't take all day, and I made it with limited catastrophes.  


I ended up making "Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting" - as requested, and decorated it "elegant" since I didn't have a lot of information about likes/hobbies/etc.


Here's what I did, in pictures:

2-9"x13" chocolate cakes, baked and cooled

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (recipe obtained via Wilton)

White Chocolate and Milk Combination, Melted and cooling, ready to be added in

White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (recipe obtained via Wilton)

Chocolate Cake, set-up on the board, with chocolate frosting as the filling

Stacked chocolate cakes (ready to be trimmed - the top was a little bigger than the bottom!)

Cake, trimmed and ready - frosted with the White Chocolate Buttercream

Cake, Frosted!

Extra White Chocolate and Dark Chocolate, shaved with a vegetable peeler 


Dark Chocolate shavings added to all sides of the cake

Decorated!

Writing on Cakes has never been easy for me, but I think I did alright!


It's a lot of work to make a cake like this, especially knowing how much I spent on ingredients and that the buyer only paid $20....But it's for a good cause.


And an excuse to bake!



1 comment:

  1. i like chocolate, but i LOVE white chocolate, and i would've shelled out a heck of a lot more than 20 buckaroos for this one! :)

    ReplyDelete