Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Crock Pot Beef Stew

Beef Stew is one of my all time favorite comfort foods.  The last time I made it in the crock pot, it came alright, but it wasn't anything great.  According to my husband, everything I cut (the meat and potatoes, specifically) was too big.  So this time, I made sure to cut everything at a smaller size, so that it would actually be possible to get the beef, potato and vegetable all on the spoon at the same time.


The result:  Delicious.


I really can't take much credit for the recipe.  I actually can't take any credit at all.  It goes to McCormick Seasoning, if we're being perfectly honest.  I bought a packet of Slow Cooker Beef Stew Seasoning, and essentially followed the directions on the pack.




The Recipe:

  • 2 lbs beef, cubed (I actually bought "stewing beef" at the market - it was delicious.  They had it already cubed up, but I cut the pieces even smaller)
  • 5 cups chopped vegetables (carrot, celery, onion, potato) (I think that I actually had about 6 cups)
  • 1 1/2 cups water, mixed with the seasoning (I used 2 cups water)

The directions say about 4 hours on high, 8 hours on low.  I cooked it for about 2 hours on high and 4 hours on low for a total of 6 hours. 



For about 6 servings, I calculated about 10 points plus.  For 4 servings, 16 points plus.


It also reheated really well.  I added a bit of water, put it on the stove and it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment