Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The list of 'dis'Like

I often find myself saying, "I don't like that."  Sometimes, I wonder if I like anything at all.  Maybe I'm just an overly picky person?

Last night, I was in a particularly crabby and cranky mood.  We were looking for a movie to put on, and after going through all of the movies on HBO, MAX, Showtime, Starz and EPIX on Demand (which totals over 200 movies), I had professed that I didn't want to watch any of the movies.  There were a few movies that I had previously watched, but Scott wanted to watch "sometimes new" - ie, something I haven't watched before - and after complaining about everything he suggested, I ended up going to bed at about 8pm.

So, why couldn't we pick a movie?  Because my list of DISlike greatly overshadows my list of Like.

So here goes:
The list of 'Dis'like:
  • I haven't enjoyed a movie produced by Adam Sandler since '50 First Dates'.  I know that he's successful.  I know that he makes gazillions of dollars with every movie.  But I just find myself bored and not amused by his "humor" lately.
  • I don't like Kevin James.  There's something about him.  I don't think he's funny and most of the time I find myself cringing when everyone else is laughing.  Something happened to him.  He was funny in 'Hitch' and then all of a sudden, he became this guy that I don't like.
  • I don't like Tom Cruise (GASP!) and I am not interested in watching anything that he's in.  No, I don't even like 'Jerry Maguire' and I've never seen 'Top Gun' or 'Risky Business'.
  • Don't put anything on that has Jonah Hill in it (except for 'How to Train your Dragon').  I can't stand him.  Or his voice.  Or his face.  Or anything.  He's awful.  He even annoyed me in 'Superbad'.
  • I always complain about anything with Ben Stiller.  He's another one who I really don't like.  I find myself cringing when other people are laughing, just like with Kevin James.  I absoluterly hate the 'Meet the Parents' movies.
  • 'Inception'?  I have no interest in seeing it.  I don't care how good you say it is.  It looks way too confusing.
  • I don't like any of the 'Matrix' movies and I have no interest in seeing any of the 'Bourne Identity' movies.  I've tried to watch them, I don't like them.
  • I don't mind Romance Movies, but I can't stand those stupid "Chick Flicks" or anything that contains Cameron Diaz or Jason Segel (I absolutely can't stand Jason Segel).  Someone once told me they went to see 'Bad Teacher' and were disappointed with how bad it was.  I was like, why would you go see it in the first place?  There was your first problem!
    • I think my issue with Jason Segel stems back to 'How I Met Your Mother.'  The character of Marshall that he plays is just so annoying and horrible, that I believe it put a stamp on the actor...It's sad...
  • I'm OK with Drama movies - but I absolutely cannot do horror movies. 
  • Anything that's considered an "edge of your seat" type of a movie?  You can put it on, but you better be telling me what's happening as it goes along. 
I essentially have an excuse for almost every single movie out there.  And the biggest problem of all is that sometimes, Scott will refuse to listen to me, put the movie on, and after spouting how much I know I'll hate the movie, I actually end up liking it.  I seriously have issues.
  • Scott made me watch 'Gulliver's Travels' - It was great!  I often say that I don't like Jack Black, and I have also stated (many times) that I don't like Jason Segel.  
  • I watched 'A Christmas Carol' the other night (the newest one with Jim Carey) and enjoyed it.  I remember saying to myself that I wouldn't like it at all.
  • I didn't really have any desire to see 'Bridesmaids'.  Scott really wanted to see it, got it from the Redbox, and I watched it about 4 times.  Literally.
  • I complained about being made to watch both '16 Blocks' and 'Something the Lord Made' and yet I ended up enjoying both.
  • Ended up enjoying 'Easy A'
  • Sat in the movie theater with a big scowl on my face for 'The Hangover' and tried not to let Scott see me laughing.
  • Definitely not a huge fan of Ben Stiller.  He can be funny, but I find myself feeling like he takes things too far.  I like 'Tropic Thunder'  but there were a lot of places where I felt like he had gone too far, and I was cringing with embarrassment while others were laughing.  Same with many other of his movies.  I did enjoy 'Night at the Museum.'
Is it just me???

No comments:

Post a Comment