Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Pudding



Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite Thanksgiving deserts.  And I only ever have it around Thanksgiving, which makes it that much more delicious.  Being that it's finally November and Thanksgiving Season, I'm so excited to see the Halloween decorations move out of the stores, completely ignore all of the Christmas decorations and focus on those delicious Thanksgiving foods.  


My cousin Debbie sent me a message the other day telling me about this Pumpkin Pie Pudding recipe that she wanted to share - and I can only say, THANK YOU!!!!  Can we say delicious, easy, and even (GASP!!!) low fat?!?  I think so!!!


The Recipe:

  • 1 package fat free sugar free instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 12-oz can fat free evaporated milk
  • 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
  • Cinnamon (dash) - I'm sure you can add some more "Pumpkin Pie Spices" here too, ie Nutmeg, Ginger, Allspice, Cloves - but that's all up to you!
    • UPDATE:  November 16, 2011:  I've recently updated this recipe.  I've changed from fat free evaporated milk to 2% (I think it has a better taste) and I've updated the spices to be 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1/8 tsp of Allspice.  Points update: Total is 14, so four servings is 4 points plus.


The Method:


  • Mix together the vanilla pudding and the evaporated milk (Like you would for regular pudding)
  • Let the pudding mixture set in the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes
  • Add the pumpkin and cinnamon and mix well.


Yup.  That's it.  Easy as Pie!!!  Actually, I'd say it's just a little bit easier.



The entire mixture is 13 Points Plus.  Divide it into as many servings, and viola!!  (4 servings would be 3 points, 6 servings would be 2 points, you get the picture)  .


Yummy! - Add a dollop of cool whip, and you're really cooking!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment