Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The best banana bread you’ll ever have

I’m a stickler for old family recipes.  Most of the recipes I have are titled with either “Nonni’s …” or "Mom's … .”  I love carrying on the family traditions and making food for people that I have grown up on. 

In the past, I have always made my Auntie Ginny’s Banana Bread.  It’s absolutely delicious, but it’s somewhat of a finicky recipe.  If you overcook it in the slightest, it really dries out.  Over the weekend, my mom and sister were talking about Banana Bread, and I assumed they were talking about Auntie Ginny’s recipe, so I naturally chimed into the conversation to say how much I loved that recipe.  But my sister corrected me, this was a new recipe that they got from Nonni’s hairdresser.

I decided to make it for a “pot luck” at work today.  Since the meeting was at 9:30 am, I figured something like Banana Bread would be perfect (other people made tortellini, Swedish meatballs, cookies and toffee bark).  So, since my mom and sister raved about this new recipe, I decided to try it. 

I doubled the recipe, and made it in my super long loaf pan.  I left out the nuts, just because I know a few people here at work are allergic, but if I make it again, I'll probably put in the nuts.


There’s not much left, and while there aren’t enough words in the English dictionary to describe how moist this was, I do have pictures of how beautiful it was.  There are about 2 pieces left.



I’d say, SUCCESS!

THE RECIPE:


Mix together:

1cup sugar 
3 Tablespoons vanilla

2 eggs

3 bananas

½ cup oil

½ cup milk



Mix together, then add to wet ingredients:

2 cups flour

1 teaspoon Baking Soda

1 teaspoon Baking powder

½ teaspoon salt (optional)


Stir in:

½ cup nuts (optional)



This can be doubled and baked in a tube pan (or a super long loaf pan).

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment