Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Spin Spin Spin

So last night marked my very first Spin Class.  I've been a member at World Gym in Seekonk for almost 2 years now, and I've never taken a single group exercise class there.  For $14.99/month, and free classes, you really can't go wrong.  As Scott and I got into Biking over the Spring/Summer, and I haven't been out on my bike in quite a while, I decided to suck it up and go to a Spin Class.

Me and Scott on the 'On Time II' going over to Chappaquiddick with our bikes over the Summer

I was honestly surprised at how well I did in the class.  In all honesty, I haven't been on a bike in probably 2 months, so I was a little nervous.  Plus, riding a bike (even a spin bike) indoors is completely different than riding a road bike outside. 

We got to class about 10 minutes early, it gave me a chance to let the instructor know that I had never taken a spin class before, and ensure that my bike was set up correctly.  I was surprised to see that the pedals were double duty - you could either slip your feet into the holders, or, if you flipped the pedal over, you could clip in with your bike shoes.  It's definitely something to remember for next class!

So the class was an "interval spin class" and we did a lot of variation with speed, as well as with tension.  All in all, a very fun class!

How do I feel today?  GREAT!  My butt hurts (most likely from how I was sitting on the seat) but the rest of my body feels very refreshed.  I'm thinking of possibly taking the class on Thanksgiving Morning at 8:30.  Work off the turkey even before I eat it!!!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment