Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's the Pearl

Wednesday night....Nothing to do but think about my hectic day tomorrow (and the 5 meetings at 10:00am that I'm supposed to be in).  My husband and I met my mother-in-law for dinner tonight.  She treated us to dinner at Chardonnay's which is right over the RI border in Seekonk, MA.  It was pretty good.  If I wasn't trying to lose weight, I would have gotten Sangria and nachos, but alas, I had salad and chicken.

In any case, we're now home, lounging on the most comfortable reclining couch ever made.  There's not much on TV, so I suggested to watch a movie.  Tonight's movie of choice:  "Pirates of the Caribbean:  Curse of the Black Pearl."  I never saw this movie in the theater.  I find this fact somewhat absurd, seeing as I consider myself a Johnny Depp fan.  I remember my sister suggesting that I rent it, as she had seen it in the theater and really liked it.  Well, since then, I've probably watched it a couple dozen times.  This was actually one of the first Blu Rays that we bought, as it was listed on the CNET's top 40 list.  It has been a very good purchase. 

If I had a chance to be in a pirate movie, I think I would be....Just for the fact that I could dress up as a pirate...Johnny Depp or not...Although, he is probably one of the coolest actors ever.  I don't think that Pirates of the Caribbean would have been this popular and successful without him....Or Edward Sisscorhands, or Alice in Wonderland, or What's Eating Gilbert Grape.  Obviously, there are a ridiculous number of movies that he's been in, but either way, he's one of a kind...


No comments:

Post a Comment