Friday, September 16, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things


So as you all know, I managed to run just over a mile on Wednesday.  Well, I can tell you that I was in pain by about 8pm.  My legs felt like every single muscle was tight.  It hurt to sit down, and then it hurt to try to get up once I was down.  And forget about going up and down the stairs (not a good thing, considering I live on the 3rd floor).  In any case, I decided that the only way to make my legs feel any better would be to workout again on Thursday.




Yesterday, I went to the gym and after a little bit of stretching, faced the treadmill once again.  I added a half mile onto my total distance, totaling 1.65 miles in 25 minutes.  Instead of trying to run out the full mile like I did the day before, I walked for a couple tenths of a mile, and then ran for 0.35 miles, walked for 0.1, ran for 0.25, walked for 0.1, ran for 0.15, walked for 0.1, ran for 0.05, and then walked for 0.1.  In any case, it wasn't nearly as painful, and while I averaged between 5.0 and 5.3 on all the runs, I got up to 5.8 on the last run.  


The result?  Just as much pain as the night before.  At first, I thought that I had successfully stretched my legs back out, but by the time I got home from the gym and was trying to walk up the stairs, I knew that I was in just as much trouble as the night before!  I found myself wishing to have magical powers that would project me up the stairs so that I wouldn't have to walk...




Unfortunately, I am NOT Mary Poppins (as much as I wish I could be), and therefore kept reminding myself that old saying, "No Pain, No Gain"

Finally, in my attempts to help not only myself, but also everyone else, I have begun calculating Points Plus values from some various restaurants.  I have two done so far, which can be accessed here on the "Pages" tab.  I will continue to calculate as I can, and keep adding them as I finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment