Monday, September 19, 2011

4 miles in 34 minutes...

ON THE ELLIPTICAL MACHINE!  HA!

This week, I'm in Rochester, NY at the OCD (Ortho Clinical Diagnostics) plant.  In all honesty, I have no clue why I'm here.  I thought I was supposed be taking the integration plan, and writing and loading the test scripts into HPQC....But I needed "Srini" to show/tell me how.  Well, so far I have made up my own way of creating the test scripts because Srini definitely doesn't know what he's doing.  THAT is going to be fun.

In any case, I'm staying at the Rochester Airport Marriott and they actually have a fitness center here.  So even though I've been up since 5:30 this morning, drove 1.5 hours from Providence to Boston, sat in the airport for an hour, had a hideous flight from Boston to Rochester on a puddle jumper airplane, got lost trying to drive from the Airport to OCD (WITH A GARMIN), and then worked for 6 hours, I decided to suck it up and exercise.



The fitness center here is small, but it serves it's purpose.  Only one guy was in there when I went in, and he was on e of the four treadmills in the room.  There were two elliptical machines (the kind with the arm handles so you get two workouts in one) and one recumbent bike.  There were also a number of hand weights.  SO....I chose the elliptical machine.  It was actually a really good workout.  Anything that ends with 500 burned calories is pretty damn good in my book!!!



So, as I now sit here, waiting for my room service (there's NO way I'm going to go out to dinner with a bunch of men that I don't know)....I'm watching TV (watching the pilot episode of The Big Bang Theory, which happens to be on (I thought it was on Thursdays??).

By the way, next Thursday is the season premier, and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment