Ok. This was easy. Like seriously, easy. It took all of about 10 minutes to prepare. And 2 hours to cook. Wait, what? OHHHH. I knew that crock pot was good for something!!
That's right, crock pot fried rice!
I got the idea from A Year of Slow Cooking. Or really, I got the idea from Pinterest. But whatever.
|Everything all in the pot.|
Like I said, this was the easiest thing I've made in a long time. Here's what I did:
- Rice (I didn't have any leftover rice, so I made some fresh. I cooked 2 cups dry rice to make enough for about 4 people)
- Vegetable (Once again, I didn't have any leftovers....So I chopped up some onion, carrots, and red bell pepper. I also used some green peas).
- 1 egg
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dump everything into the crock pot.
- Cook 3-4 hours on low OR 2-3 hours on high
Note: I made this for dinner and one of my friends needs to eat gluten free. Well, the soy sauce I had on hand was not gluten free. In order to not kill my friend, I used all Worcestershire Sauce (about 3 1/2 Tablespoons). It was still really delicious!!!