Monday, June 4, 2012

Sighs of Relief!!

The past month and a half has been a major whirlwind.  Between buying the house, and then stripping all the wallpaper (which I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about), and starting the upkeep on the yard (we have been cutting the lawn, but we also had to contact Griggs and Browne to come treat a tree that is overrun with carpenter ants), it's been just crazy.


My beautifully manicured front lawn.  I'm proud to say I mowed it!

The other side of the front lawn.  It's so green!

Some of the rose bushes around the house.  We need to spend some time and weed the gardens, but they're going to look beautiful!!!
On top of everything with the house, we've been trying to rent out the condo.  We did a thorough clean a couple of weeks ago, and we've been really good about keeping the entire place nice and neat.  We showed the condo to quite a few people over the past few weeks, but I'm happy to say that it's rented out!!!  I'm so excited.  It's such a HUGE relief to know that come August 1, we have people renting out the unit, which means we'll have additional income.


So that's that.  We've continued to wash the walls and we've gotten through 3 rooms already.  I'm pleasantly surprised at how quickly it is going.  Next, is paint.  I've been trying to pick out paint colors, and I've decided that going to other people's houses and finding the stuff I like in their house is much easier.  We were at Scott's cousin's house yesterday, and we both really liked the dark granite counters with the lighter wood cabinets.  And we liked quite a few of her light fixtures.  So our next step is to go back to her house and take pictures.


Also, we've made a couple of appointments to have people come out and install replacement windows.  


So we're getting there!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good!! The lawn looks great and I'm glad you rented out the condo! Everything is coming together nicely :)

    ReplyDelete