I stopped in the market really quick the other day and picked up a package of chicken - 1 lb of chicken breast tenders. When I got home, I realized that I had no clue what to do with it. I had a bottle of stir fry sauce, but only peppers to go with it (not an onion to be found!). Last week, I did Chicken Caesar Salad, so I didn't want to do that again so soon. I browsed around online a little bit, and found what looked like a cool recipe for crock pot chicken and broccoli. It had cream of mushroom soup and cream cheese, neither of which I had, so I ended up adapting it a bit...
In the crock pot, I threw together the following:
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders, cut in medium chunks (probably 4-5 pieces per tender)
- 1/2 bag frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 package Good Seasons Italian Dressing (just the dry seasoning)
Some notes on this:
- It is better to cook the chicken, stock and dressing for about 2-2 1/2 hours, and THEN add the broccoli. Because I cooked the broccoli the whole time, by the time we ate, it was like complete mush.
- I made this with brown rice. I added a dash of salt into the water when I boiled it, and I would recommend NOT doing this. With the concentrated flavor of the dressing mix, the salt was not needed. Also - if you happen to have low sodium chicken broth, I would use it.
|Crock Pot Chicken and Broccoli|