Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April 5, 2011


I woke up late today.  By waking up late, I mean I hit the snooze button on the alarm 5 times.  Alarm went off at 6:10.  I didn't get out of bed until 6:50.

I left the house at 7:05 this morning (showered, makeup on and dressed).  15 minutes is a personal record.

I had no gas in my car when I got in this morning (my husband warned me that I would need to put gas in the car, yet I didn't take this into consideration in getting up late).

I had training for a new project from 8-12 today.  It was so boring I wanted to pull my hair out.  At one point, someone came and sat behind me and his cologne was so strong I thought I was going to throw up.  Yes, it was that bad.

I had chicken salad for lunch.  Technically, it was "Chicken Waldorf."  

Side note about lunch:  There are two people in the cafeteria who make sandwiches.  One is really nice, but he overloads sandwiches all the time (I'll ask for a grilled cheese and he'll put 4 pieces of  cheese in....Or I'll ask for chicken salad and he'll put in enough for a moose to eat).  The other person who makes sandwiches is informally known as "the tomato Nazi."  She makes comments on absolutely everything you eat, and if you ask for something that she doesn't think is very good, she doesn't hesitate in pointing that out (a lot of people like lettuce and tomato on their sandwiches.  She often thinks that the tomatoes are not a good idea, and argues with you to not put in tomatoes.  Sometimes, she refuses to put them on your sandwich "NO SOUP FOR YOU!").

I used the FedEx station at work and shipped stuff to my brother in law and nephew in CA today.  It's actually pretty cool - you get a 60% discount on shipping, you just have to reimburse the company.  I spent $12.99 to ship two packages across the country at 2 day select.  Pretty cool, if you ask me.  My brother in law's birthday is today.  My nephew's was in January....Nothing like sending a birthday gift 4 months late.

I hung out with my employees for a little while this afternoon.  It was 2:25 and I commented on the fact that one of the guys was all dressed up and ready to leave....Just standing around until 2:30 so he could leave.  He argued me that everyone gets to leave 5 minutes early for everything.  I explained that it's not what's supposed to happen, it's just what people do...But I don't allow it.  The lead thought it was pretty funny.  I hope he enjoyed is free 5 minutes today!

I hung out in the Temp Office today.  I really like the girl (Jen) who works there.  Actually, she cracks me up.  She had on some awesome shoes today, which she said she got at Macy's.  I really need to go shopping.  We talked about a few different things.  Mainly about her shoes, the other shoes she bought, people at work we don't like, and sports.  She's a huge college basketball fan....And she went to UCONN....So she's pretty happy today. 

I am listening to Pandora at my desk right now.  The station I'm listening is called "QUEEN," Yes - as in Queen.  However, it's playing "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith.  Don't get me wrong, I like Aerosmith.  But if I wanted to listen to them, I would have created an Aerosmith station.  I'd much rather listen to Queen.  I have an obsession.

I think I'm going to make Tacos tonight.  That sounds yummy.  I just need to get the taco shells....And all the fixings.....That is always helpful.

Most of this will repeat tomorrow.  I'm sure the hitting of the snooze button and the waking up late and all that will repeat.  The training will definitely repeat.  We'll see if anything else changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment