Thursday, April 14, 2011

Are you there, Spring?

So it's officially spring.  How do I know?  Well, I have a few clues: 

1) It is a *little* bit warmer (by a little bit, I mean that it hasn't snowed in a few weeks)
2) I saw a few flowers coming up, and my next door neighbor, who owns half the block has been fixing the flower beds that are around the trees in the sidewalks
3) We bought new bikes on Sunday and took them out for a first ride Monday after work.  It was fantastic.
and finally,
4) Baseball has officially begun.

I like baseball.  I love going to Fenway and getting the experience of walking around, eating sausage and pepper sandwiches, sitting in the ballpark and taking in the full experience of the game.  It's really fantastic and nothing really compares.  I've also been to Camden Yards, and it's an amazing ballpark as well.  I think the stadiums, in general, are amazing and I'm sure that being in the stadium, no matter where it is, makes the baseball experience even better.  We usually try to go to at least 1 game per season, and I always look forward to it. 

I have to admit, though, that I really don't like watching baseball at home.  It's almost as bad as watching golf on TV.  I'd estimate that a typical baseball game will go for about 3 hours, but if they only showed the players hitting the ball and running the bases, I think the game would last abut 30 minutes.  I swear, when I'm watching the game on TV, I feel like they're always panning the camera over to the Coca Cola sign, or people in the stands who are acting silly or not paying attention and there's no real action.  At least when you're sitting at the ball park, you have the ability to people watch, to walk around and get some food or some beer.  I'm not exactly what you would call a patient person....It's really hard for me to sit and do nothing.  Therefore, when baseball is on TV, I'm usually doing something else while the game is on and I rely on my husband to rewind the plays and show me the important ones (which he usually does without me asking anyway).

But regardless of my inability to sit still and relax, I am really excited that spring is officially here.  For me, the start of baseball season is always the key indicator that Spring has finally begun.  I just hope that it stays!

No comments:

Post a Comment