Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Friday, People!

TGIF.  This week has dragged on forever!  I don't know about you, but sometimes the week just crawl by.  I've been working on a project that has required an obscene amount of training.  Most of the training is 1/2 day, and you would think that would help the days pass by quickly.  Not quite.  I feel like it just makes the day that much longer!

But, no worries.  It's almost noon time on this glorious and beautiful (dare I say Spring) day.  That can only mean a good thing.  As I listen to Pandora (Do Wah Diddy Diddy by Manfred Mann just came up on my Queen station), I have high hopes for the weekend.  

Weekend Chore #1:  Over the course of the past few weeks, I have made more attempts to come to work looking more presentable.  This means putting on makeup and dressing nice.  In that, I have realized that I need new shoes.  The ugly flats that I insist on wearing to work every day not only make me look more humdrum than necessary, they're just horrible.  Also, I have found that they actually make my legs hurt at the end of the day.  The shooting pains from my knees to my ankles are horrible, if it means I need to stop wearing flats, so be it.  Therefore, weekend chore #1 is to go shoe shopping.  Now how bad is that?  I will probably hit up Macy's and DSW.  And while I"m in Macy's if I happen to stroll through the Misses Dept and buy some clothes, then a big fat YAY!

Weekend Chore #2:  Bake.  I bought this awesome book about Cake Pops that looks so awesome.  It's time to try them out.  They look easy enough, but we shall see.  You essentially bake a cake, crumble it up, mix it with frosting, shape them into balls and then coat them in chocolate.  DELICIOUS!  I absolutely love to bake and look for excuses to do it.  My goal lately has been to learn how to do the "traditional" Italian pastries.  Zeppole were a success and Sfogliatelle, not so much (as we saw in previous blogs).  Maybe this weekend I'll also try to see if I can nail down a Saturday Morning Internship with a local bakery.  Now THAT would be fun.

Weekend Chore #3:  Clean the house.  I don't necessarily look at this as a chore.  We've been really good about keeping things neat, so it's really just a good dusting and vacuum.  I'm thinking that I'll probably vacuum the halls and stairs of the common areas, as well,  They definitely need the vacuum, so I'll just spruce it all up.

Weekend Chore #4:  Decide on a vacation.  We're going to Martha's Vineyard in the first week of August and renting a house with 3 other couples.  We're really excited about it, because neither of us have ever been to MV.  However, we're trying to plan one other vacation.  Our 1st anniversary is coming up (1 month from today), and we were thinking of doing something for that....We also wanted to go to Florida to visit my father in law, but we have to make decisions based on my vacation time at work....So we have some decisions to make this weekend!

If things progress this weekend as they usually do, I might get a few of these things done...I'm hoping for a productive weekend, but we shall see!  :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment