Thursday, August 23, 2012

The REAL Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg

I recently posted that while I really didn't know how to make the perfect hard boiled egg, I was going to try some methods to get there.

Those methods went out the window this morning.  All it took was 1 simple change.  This morning, I made hard boiled eggs for Scott to eat when he got home from his workout (I also made a couple for me and my mom).  I decided that instead of letting the water come to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 12 minutes (I got that method from watching the Barefoot Contessa on TV), I would just let them boil for 10 minutes.  As I mentioned before, cooking the the BC's way makes perfectly cooked yolks....But I lost most of the whites when I tried to get the shells off!

SO...The result of this morning's experiment??  Perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs....And the shells came off with no problem!!!

It's the little things that make me happy :o)


Perfectly cooked yolks

Beautiful hard boiled eggs!
Scott's breakfast this morning - hard boiled eggs, a toasted English Muffin and Strawberries

No comments:

Post a Comment