Monday, January 9, 2012

What is Zumba?

ONLY the most exciting and fun exercise I've ever tried!!!!


I tried Zumba once before (maybe about 4 years ago) at the classes provided at work.  I can honestly say that I didn't like it.  It might have had something to do with the fact that I was at work, (trying to) exercising with people who I work with.


In any case, I worked from home today because I needed to be here to let a contractor in.  My sister in law was going to a 4:30 Zumba class, and she convinced me to go.  It was fabulous.  I really enjoyed it.  I did feel that it didn't put huge pressure on my knee (old PCL injury), and I was able to adapt what I was doing if there was any pressure.  The music was awesome - I love an upbeat tempo when I'm exercising.  The only thing that I found was that I was a little behind everyone else (learning curve) but that can easily be fixed by continuing to go to class.  Also, because I was unsure of all the steps, the lady who was marching to her own beat (literally) next to me really confused me, and I occasionally had to move to the left or right so I could see the instructor.


I was pleasantly surprised to find out (from the instructor herself) that I was amazing at Zumba and she thought I had been doing it for years.  My sister in law introduced us, as she goes often and knows all of the instructors.  I think I'll keep going!


More information on Zumba here.


Zumba is more a high intensity exercise....So while it all depends on your weight, I earned 16 activity points today!!


Enjoy a video (The song is 1, 2 Step, although much of the music we did today was latin music.  Filmed at World Gym, with the instructor I had today)!



No comments:

Post a Comment