Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork

I have been wanting pulled pork for a while now....So while at the supermarket, and raiding through the McCormic Seasoning packets, I came across the Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Seasoning, I bought it straight away!


The Method:
  • Mix together in a small bowl:  Seasoning packet, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup ketchup, and 1/3 cup cider vinegar.  
  • Put a 2-3 lb pork loin in the Crock Pot (I had a 2.5 center-cut pork line which was still have frozen) and pour the mix over it.
  • Set for 8 hours on Low, or 6 hours in High
  • When cooking is done, use a fork to pull the pork apart, and mix well with the seasoning mixture
Seriously.  That's it.  We loved it!!!  I served it on potato-bread rolls with coleslaw (I bought a bag of coleslaw, added 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and a splash of vinegar, salt and pepper).  I enjoyed the coleslaw on the sandwich, or it can be eaten on the side!




NOTE:  It was good enough that Scott ate it 3 nights in a row!!!  It makes a lot, so it's better if you have a crowd!!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment