Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Nonni's Blueberry Muffins

I'm pretty sure that blueberry muffins have always been my favorite type of muffin.  While I love all kinds of bread/muffins, nothing holds a candle to the deliciousness of a home baked blueberry muffin.  Even the deliciously UNHEALTHY coffee cake muffin at Dunkin Donuts can't hold a candle.

Maybe I'm just biased because I was fortunate enough to grow up with Nonni (my grandmother) making the most delicious muffins, ever!  And it's funny, because I don't even think this recipe for blueberry muffins is HER original recipe.  It's a friend of her's....But as I don't know all of the details, I suppose it's only right to give Nonni the credit for creating the most delicious muffin on the face of the planet.

After a long hiatus from blogging and baking, these muffins were my second adventure over 4th of July weekend.  They tasted so delicious, and since they're delicious warm or cold, they went FAST.  I suggest you make them.  And eat them.


Nonni's Blueberry Muffins
The Recipe
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbps Vanilla extract
3 cups blueberries
(Cranberries can be substituted, chopped, but add an extra 1/2 cup sugar!)

The Method
Cream together the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs, beating into the butter/sugar mixture one at a time.  Add the milk, flour, baking powder, and vanilla.  Once the mixture is well incorporated, fold in the blueberries.  Do not use the mixer here - make sure to fold everything together by hand, and be very careful not to smash the berries!

Scoop into paper-lined muffin tins (make sure you use papers here - if you don't use the papers, you will end up with a big mess!).  I used a large ice cream scoop and it filled the papers perfectly (about 20 muffins).

Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes


Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment