I mentioned before that my sister had the brilliancy to make a "menu" for the week....I did that this week, and "Frittata" was one of the meals on my list. I decided to leave some wiggle room on the type of Frittata, and when I went to the market I bought a ham steak, asparagus, and goat cheese. I L-O-V-E goat cheese, by the way.
So how did I make said Frittata? It's so simple!!
1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 8-oz Ham Steak, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 bunch of Asparagus, chopped into about 1" segments
1 large Potato (or 2, however much you want), chopped
8 whole eggs
6 egg whites
salt and pepper, to taste
2-4 oz semi-soft Goat Cheese
- Chop the onion and ham into small pieces and saute in olive oil in a large skillet (I used a 12-inch skillet). Make sure whatever skillet you use is large enough to hold all the ingredients, and is oven-safe
- Meanwhile, blanch the asparagus in water in another pan. This helps so that you're not adding raw asparagus into the cooked onions/ham.
- Chop the potato and add to the onions/ham (I actually used a baked potato that was left over from some take-out over the weekend. It was baked, and refrigerated. So I peeled the skin off, and chopped it up and threw it into the mix. This made it super easy and quick, since all I needed to do was heat it through because it was already cooked!)
- Add the cooked asparagus, and season with salt and pepper
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, egg whites, and a splash of milk. Add this into the ham/asparagus mix. Mix everything together
- Cut the goat cheese into small chunks and sprinkle on the top of the egg mixture. I only put cheese on half of mine, because I wasn't sure if my husband would like it (which he did), so I only used 2 oz...
- Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes until the center is cooked and firm!
- Cook for a few minutes, cook, and serve!!
Seriously! It's the most delicious thing ever!!!