Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snacks Say What?

I had a hankering for a snack today at work and I made two choices. I thought they would be decent choices, without knowing the nutrition facts.


So lets see...

Quaker Popped Caramel Corn
Calories: 100
Total Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbs: 23g
Fiber: 1g
Protein: 1g
WW Points Plus: 3
Overall assessment: Airy and un-fulfilling....But low points!

Lightly Salted Peanuts
Calories: 340
Total Fat: 29g
Total Carbs: 9g
Fiber: 5g
Protein: 15g
WW Points Plus: 9!!!
Overall assessment: Good source of protein, but high points!!

I actually ate both snacks because a) I worked out today so I earned some activity points and b) I ate my lunch at 10:30 this morning and didn't bring in an afternoon snack and was STARVED!!

I think my choices were decent, considering I could have bought Oreo Cookies, or Cheetos, or something else deliciously sinful.

Once I calculated the points, I did ask myself, "Is this worth the points?"  And my answer is no and yes.  No on the Popped Caramel Corn, Yes on the Peanuts.  There were literally like 13 little rice cakes, which is like a big tease.  I mean, why bother?  The peanuts, however, were jam packed into the package, and afterwards, I actually felt full!

So lesson learned!

What's in the vending machines where you are?  And what do their nutrition facts say?? 



No comments:

Post a Comment