We recently got back from Martha's Vineyard, which I think was one of the best vacations we've been on since our Honeymoon. Now that I say that, it is the first vacation we've been on since our Honeymoon. Either way, we had a great time. We rented a house with 3 other couples, and had a fabulous time!
Noteworthy things from our trip I would like to share:
- Definitely bring your bike, as in your bicycle. It's great exercise, and bringing my bike helped me lose almost 3 pounds on my vacation (I ate and drank what I wanted, but I tried to make decent decisions and count my points, but went over my daily quota almost every day...The exercise definitely helped!). Although - I would research the directions before you try to go somewhere on the bike. We wanted to ride to Aquinnah from Edgartown (which is a 20 mile ride), and after 19.5 miles, we were still only 2.5 miles away from home....So research would have been a good idea.
- I biked on 4 different occasions last week.
- The first day, we went on a little adventure with 2 of our friends to find a beach, and rode about 4 miles.
- The next day, we rode to Oak Bluffs from the house (in Edgartown), and while it should have been just 5 miles to get there, it took us 12 miles because we got lost. Plus the 5 home, we totalled 17 miles.
- The next day, we tried to ride to Aquinnah, and that was a lost cause, with 22 miles of going nowhere.
- And finally, on Friday, we rode our bikes through Edgartown and into Chappaquiddick, for a total of 17 miles. And since I calculate my weight-watcher activity points, and I get more points if I averge over 12-mph, I tried to keep my speed up so that I could get more points (and therefore not feel super guilty about my food/drink choices).
- Definitely go with friends. I love my husband, but it's awesome to go on a trip with friends. We knew everyone we were travelling with, but I really feel that we were able to make some strong friendships while we were on vacation, and that made me really happy.
- Do everything you can. We really had a ball. We visited as much as we could, and we even jumped off a 15-20' bridge into the water - it was such a rush, and super fantastic! I think next time, we'll be able to be more prepared, and have a specific list of things we want to do/see - things that we missed this time.